Skip Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Offer holder FAQs

Congratulations on receiving an offer of admission to Kellogg College. The following guidance is provided in addition to the guidance included in the College Offer Letter and accompanying documents.

Watch recordings of our Understanding your offer, Financial Declaration and Kellogg Accommodation Q & A sessions or scroll down to see our FAQs.

Watch our helpful guides

Members of the Academic Office offer tips to help you through some of the most daunting aspects of the admissions process.

Understanding your offer

Financial Declaration Q & A

Kellogg Accommodation Q & A


Frequently asked questions

We have grouped our most commonly asked questions under the following titles, please choose the one most relevant to your query and click the drop down cross.

I have received a College offer. How do I accept it?

You should reply to the College Offer email to say you accept the offer. Please include your name, Student Number (see page 1 of the Offer Letter) and programme of study. Please respond by the deadline stated in the Offer Letter.

I would like to discuss my assignment to Kellogg College. What should I do?

Please get in touch with us via in the first instance to raise any questions or concerns you might have.

I’ve only received a College Offer by e-mail. Should I be expecting a hardcopy offer pack?

We make all our offers by e-mail, with all relevant documents sent as PDFs attached to a single e-mail from The basic pack will consist of a College Offer Letter and a Sample Student-College Contract. Depending upon the terms of the offer, additional documents might be included.

I have received a College Contract but the signature area is blacked out. How do I sign it?

You’ve received a sample contract, please DO NOT sign this. The sample contract is for information only at this stage. Once you have met all your conditions attached to your offer then we will send a copy of the contract for signature and return.

Almost all our communications are sent by e-mail, to the e-mail address listed as the primary address in your initial application.

Following the completion of admission, you will receive messages from and from the College’s communications team.

My contact details have changed. What should I do?

If your contact details change, please make sure you update your record via Applicant Self Service This will ensure that your records are updated centrally.

If a change includes your e-mail address it is essential that you also notify us of this change directly by telling us at Ideally, this should be done in advance from the address originally used.

Please do not advise of changes to other contact details (e.g. telephone numbers, postal addresses) in this way. As long as you update your records using the Self Service portal, we will have access to those details should we need them.

I am using a university or other e-mail address that will expire soon. What should I do?

If you are using an institutional e-mail account, such as one provided by a current university, school, or by an employer, that is due to expire (e.g. after completion of current studies) please change over to an account that you will be able to access until at least October 2022. Many organisations – especially universities – will remove e-mail account access soon after your status with them changes. This can disrupt communications quite badly during the summer when we are completing the admissions process.

Please let us know about this change as soon as you can. This is important as it should ensure we can continue to communicate with you throughout your admission and the early stages of your studies.

You would also be strongly encouraged to download and save the relevant e-mails and attachments elsewhere to ensure continuing access to them.

I need to send something (e.g. a Financial Declaration) to the College. How should I do this?

From time to time, you will be asked to send documents to the College as part of the admissions process. Please either send your documents by post, for the attention of the Academic Office, or via e-mail attachment to, following the guidance below:

  • Send the e-mail yourself from the address used for your application. We are unable to accept documentation sent by third parties (including family members).
  • Please provide a clear covering note in the e-mail identifying you, the purpose of the message, and the nature of the attached documents.
  • Please send documents only as attachments to the e-mail. Please do not use embedded images or online storage/sharing facilities (e.g. OneDrive, GoogleDocs)
  • Avoid where possible the sending of very large files and multiple messages to send several documents on the same topic
  • Ideally, use the PDF document type, naming each document clearly with your name and the nature of the document (e.g. Smit, Joan, Signed College Contract)
  • Minimise the number of attachments by combining related documents into a single file (e.g. the completed Financial Declaration Form and supporting evidence)

Will I be offered accommodation?

The College Offer does not include accommodation. Accommodation must be arranged separately based upon individual needs, with College accommodation being one option you should consider.

The College is able to offer accommodation for the majority of the full-time students who will commence their studies with us in the autumn, you will need to apply for this. Please refer to your College Offer Letter for further details of how to request accommodation through the College.

While most part-time students do not move to Oxford for their studies, we are very pleased to be able to offer short-stay, competitively priced, accommodation on the College site. This provides comfortable en suite rooms with easy access to College facilities and to many of the University’s Departments and services. Further information can be on our Short-stay Accommodation page.

I’ve already provided a Financial Declaration to my Department/Faculty/School. Do I need to send a copy to the College as well?

No. Where the financial condition is set and administered by the Department/Faculty/School responsible for the programme of study, the College does not need to see the completed Financial Declaration. Any necessary information will be communicated to the College internally.

There is a financial condition attached to my College Offer: what do I do?

You will need to provide a Financial Declaration, which is done by completing the Financial Declaration Form, which accompanies the Offer Letter, and providing evidence of your ability to pay the fees for Year 1 of your studies.

Please refer to the Financial Declaration which lists the amount you need to show evidence for, it also lists the types of evidence we accept.

For clarification, please note the following points.

  • We assess every Financial Declaration individually against our assessment criteria. If we are unable to accept a Declaration, we will let you know and work with you to address any issues in what was submitted
  • The form should be completed, signed, and submitted by the applicant themselves.
  • Evidence is required only of the ability to pay Course Fees for Year 1 as indicated on the form. Evidence is not required to show the ability to pay Course Fees for subsequent years or for any Living Costs
  • We recommend keeping the amount of evidence you submit to a minimum. If we require more evidence, we will let you know after our initial assessment
  • We can accept recent bank statements as evidence that funds are available. We do not, however, need the full statement showing all transactions. The top-level summary from a monthly statement will usually suffice. It is essential that whatever statement is provided shows the current balance and the name of the account holder.
  • If funding is being provided privately by a third party (e.g. a family member), please provide evidence of their ability to pay (e.g. an accountant’s letter or bank statement) and a signed letter from the third party confirming their willingness to meet the indicated costs
  • If funding is being provided by a public body (e.g. a funding council scholarship), please provide a copy of the award letter showing clearly the name of the funding body, the amount awarded, and confirming that you are the recipient
  • If funding is coming from multiple sources, please ensure that each is clearly indicated on the Form and that the corresponding evidence is also clearly indicated.

Do I need to meet the financial condition in order to accept the College place?

Meeting the financial condition is not a requirement for accepting our offer. You can accept the offer and then work toward meeting the conditions attached to it. Where the financial condition is set by the College, this is reflected in the deadlines attached to the two actions. You will note that we as for a response to the offer of a place within a few weeks of it being made but allow considerably longer in most cases for the financial condition to be met. This is because we recognise that some applicants will need more time than others to meet this condition and, within reason, 威尼斯人注册会员-威尼斯人注册会员(澳门)股份有限公司希望允许时间.

Can I skip the Financial Declaration process by simply paying my fees upfront?

It is not possible to skip the Financial Declaration process by paying your fees upfront. This is because the process covers more than simply the fees for the first year of study. The Declaration you make also involves confirming that you can meet fees for any subsequent years of study and living costs for the duration. The collegiate University takes this part of the admissions exercise very seriously as it constitutes a form of due diligence on both sides (that we have informed you as best we can of the costs and you have taken time to plan accordingly) to avoid financial issues preventing the completion of study. It also forms a key reference point should a request for financial assistance in a case of hardship need to be made in the future.

I’ve been told that the College can’t accept my Financial Declaration. What do I do?

Don’t panic! You will be given time to try to meet the condition. Our message to you will say why we are unable to accept the Declaration as submitted and advise you how to meet our concerns. In most cases, this is simply a matter of providing additional evidence and/or clarifying what has been submitted.

If I meet the financial condition, do I become liable to pay fees?

No you do not. Meeting the financial condition tells us that you are able to pay fees and how you plan to do so but it does not commit you to do so at that point. You normally become liable to pay fees only after you enrol (typically in September for those commencing study this autumn).

Please note that separate arrangements may apply where the financial condition is set by the admitting Department/Faculty/School. Deposits paid to the admitting Department/Faculty/School to secure a place are not normally refundable.

Do I need to show that I can pay my fees and living costs?

The University requires that all students demonstrate their ability to meet the costs of study before their admission proceeds. This is done through a Financial Declaration. Completing this is the financial condition that is attached either to the offer of admission made by the College or that made by the admitting Department/Faculty/School.

If it is the College that requires you to meet a financial condition as part of your admission, this will be clearly stated in the College Offer Letter and a Financial Declaration Form will accompany the letter as a separate e-mail attachment. Otherwise the financial condition will be set and administered by the admitting Department/Faculty/School and you should refer to the Certificate of Offer and guidance provided by the programme admissions staff.

Am I required to pay a deposit to secure my College place?

No offers of admission to Kellogg College require the payment of a deposit.

You may be required to pay a deposit as part of the separate offer made to you by the admitting Department/Faculty/School.

You may be required to pay a deposit to secure a room in College accommodation. This will be dealt with separately.

When will I have to pay my fees?

If the College sets the financial condition, then you will normally receive an invoice for your Course Fees for the year during the course of September. This will be issued by e-mail from the College Finance Office together with payment instructions. The deadline for payment will usually be in early October.

If the admitting Department/Faculty/School sets the financial condition, then the fees will be collected by them. Arrangements and deadlines for invoicing will vary and it is advisable to check information about this issued by the programme admissions staff.

I am going to need to pay my fees by instalments. Is that possible?

Fees for each year are normally paid in full at the start of the first term of the year (typically by early October). Paying by instalments is an exceptional arrangement that can be made where there are good reasons for doing so.

If the College sets the financial condition, we will be responsible for the collection of the Course Fee and can agree an instalment plan with you. To request this, you should contact the College’s Finance Office ( after you have met the financial condition. In your message set out briefly why paying by instalments is necessary and indicate, where possible, what payment schedule will work for you. It is preferable to minimise the number of instalments as far as possible.

If the admitting Department/Faculty/School sets the financial condition, then they will be responsible for collecting fees and you will need to enquire with them about this rather than the College.

Information on the University wide scholarships and details of who would be automatically considered can be found on the Fees and Funding page of the University website. There is also a section on when the Oxford Scholarships are likely to be awarded.

Information on Scholarships offered by Kellogg can be found on our  Scholarships page.

What do I do if I have a disability, long-term health condition, or specific learning difficulty?

We strongly encourage you to let the University’s Disability Advisory Service (DAS) know if you have (or think you might have) a disability, long-term health condition, or specific learning difficulty as early as possible, so that they can advise on the range of student support that is available. A Disability Adviser will be happy to answer any questions you might have via e-mail ( or telephone (+44 (0) 1865 280459).

Kellogg’s Welfare and Disability Co-ordinator is Sarah O’Brien, the College’s Academic Administrator, who is happy to answer any questions you may have. You can contact Sarah on

What happens when I have successfully completed the admissions process?

We will help you make the transition to being a new student (“Fresher”).

In mid-August we will publish information online about our Welcome Weeks: a series of induction and orientation events to help you settle in as a student and College member. This year we will have to plan to work within whatever restrictions will be in place on travel and gatherings in the autumn. While we hope to be able to offer some events at College, we are already planning to offer a range of activities and information sessions online to ensure that everyone can still be informed and involved.

When we have confirmed our plans for events – whether in College or virtual – we will promote them to all of our Freshers. Please keep an eye on you inbox throughout the summer for details, remembering that all correspondence about this will be via your application e-mail address until mid-October.

Do I have to attend a Matriculation Ceremony?

Attendance at a Matriculation Ceremony in Oxford is compulsory for most newly admitted students. Your College Offer letter will say whether you are required to attend a Ceremony or if alternative arrangements apply in your case (e.g. because you are joining a programme that is exceptionally matriculated in absentia).

For those required to attend a Ceremony this autumn (Michaelmas Term 2022), a Matriculation Ceremony will take place on Saturday 15 October 2022, and you are expected to attend this ceremony. Please contact the admissions staff ( if you think meeting this requirement could be problematic for you. In exceptional circumstances, the College may be able to agree a postponement for you.

We are often asked about timescales for receiving information, such as scholarship outcomes, when you’ll receive your College Contract or when to book for Matriculation. We hope the below information helps with your planning.

Please be aware these timings are estimates and can be affected by unforeseen delays.

What we let you know
When we will let you know
Kellogg College Full- and Part-time Scholarships outcomes We hope to let you know the outcome of whether you are successful or unsuccessful in early June. Please note we are not able to email applicants whose applications were incomplete after the deadline, as these will not be considered.
University Scholarships outcomes The University offers the following information on their When are Oxford scholarships awarded to graduate applicants? web page.
Receiving the Student College Contract and Completions of Conditions letter First you will need to meet all the College and UAB conditions attached to the offer. We begin sending these letters to those that have met their conditions in late August. You can usually expect to receive your letter and contract a week or two after your final conditions have been met.
Booking for Matriculation Dates for booking for 2022’s Matriculation Ceremony is yet to be confirmed.
Finding out about Welcome Weeks events We will email you with details of these later in the summer. Induction events will be held in-person and/or online.
When your course induction or teaching starts Sorry we can’t help with this as we are not involved in your teaching, you should contact your Department/Faculty  to find out the details.

If the answer to your question cannot be found above, please send it to, along with your name, Student Number (found on page 1 of the Offer Letter), programme of study and whether you will be studying full-time or part-time. If your enquiry is time sensitive, please indicate this in your message.

You will receive an automated acknowledgement of your message and we will aim to respond within five working days, though some complicated enquiries may require longer to resolve.

Your information in the admissions process

We will process your application information and any other information you share with us during the admissions process (e.g. evidence in your Financial Declaration, information about welfare matters) in accordance with our privacy policy, which can be found here.